Packing Your Diaper Bag to Leave the House
Who hasn’t forgotten the essentials when you’ve left the house with your child & diaper bag? It’s normal. You’re not alone! Here’s my quick mental checklist for packing a diaper bag for errands and outings. I’ve written on packing for travel (requires much more, duh!), travel with a toddler, and travel with an infant. Do I always bring all these things? Nope. Do I wish I had oftentimes? Yup.
- Changing pad
- Hand sanitizer
- Wet bag or whatever you use for your disposables
- New pants (must must must)
- New shirt (you never know)
- New socks (ditto)
- Small toy that can be lost and forgotten (usually a matchbox car for us) (for a younger baby, a teether or rattle)
- Happy snack (usually a teething biscuit)
- Sippy cup for water or other beverage device
- Two books (to read in the car or to chew on, or whatnot)
- Allergy meds if you’re child has an allergy (epi pen & benedryl for us)
- Perhaps a change of tops for you if your child is young and nursing (you never know)
- For the younger baby, BURP CLOTHS
We keep a blanket, emergency first aid kit, bottled water, canned baby food, Luna bars, and car-emergency-stuff in the back of the car as well. You never know!
my ring sling or moby wrap is a MUST now that I have two babies to keep track of!